RJ_Forever

RJ’s Art Deco Radio & TV Studio Pride:
The WCAU Building at 1622 Chestnut Street in 1953

old_WCAU_Building

This historic Art Deco building owned by the Philadelphia Bulletin
was the home of WCAU Channel 10’s first studio where RJ did a radio show
called Radio Rangers. He was a child panel member on the show in 1953.
What memories they were.

new_WCAU_Building

This modern building made its debut in 1954.

This is the new WCAU building, which has been in operation since 1954
when it was a state-of-the-art structure, one that was ahead of its time,
like the PSFS Building. Its design influenced that of CBS Television City.

Return to RJ Forever